The incidence of cancer is becoming more, when people are sick, they are afraid that it is caused by cancer or it will cause cancer. In the millions of types of sickness, below conditions are proved to have connections with cancer.
1. Hepatitis: Although the saying “as long as the patients with viral hepatitis live long enough, will eventually catching liver cancer” sounds absolutely, but it really is one of the major causes of liver cancer. Therefore, people with potential high risk must have their body checked periodically for early diagnosis and treatment.
2 Chronic Ulcerative Diseases: Oral ulcers, gastric ulcers are common seen conditions, many people seldom put these “minor illness” into serious considerations. But experts said the long-standing chronic ulcers may become cancerous. Oral ulcers are often healer in 7 to 10 days after proper treatment, but if the same ulcer lasts for weeks or over a month, it might be connected to oral cancer. “Ulcer, too, if recurrent gastric stimulation repeatedly been damaged, it may be malignant gastric cancer. Same for the stomach ulcers, if the condition repeats quite often, the stomach lining may be damaged, hence to cause stomach cancer.
3. Diabetes: Study showed that diabetes patients have more chance than other people to catch cancer, including endometrial cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, pancreatic cancer. Another study reported that the medications for increasing blood insulin levels may also increase the risk of cancer.
4. Gastrointestinal Polyps: Many gastrointestinal cancer cases were caused by gastrointestinal polyps, especially APC (adenomatous polyposis coliby) has higher potential to turn into cancer. Research reveals that the risks of colon cancer for people with colonic polyp is 3-5 times more than others. Doctors suggest that gastrointestinal polyps is affected by many factors, such as its size, type and quantity, treatment should start once it is diagnosed.
5. Cervical Erosion: Studies found out that women with cervical erosion risk more pathological changes than others. Doctor reminds that the symptoms of cervical cancer and cervical erosion, it is often ignored.
6. Cystic Hyperplasia: Studies showed that 20% of the cystic hyperplasia cases may become malignant, women with such condition risks 4 time more to get breast cancer. Periodical check-up is need for women with critic hyperplasia for early detection of breast cancer.
7. Thyroid Nodules: Thyroid nodule is linked to many factors including age, gender and radiation on neck. It happens to women 4 times more than men. Most thyroid nodules cases are benign, a single thyroid nodule is more likely to be malignant.